Thursday 29 January 2015

I'm in chains....

If you're a Facebook user, I would imagine by now that you've seen or taken part in the Art Chain series. It's nice - I know not from where it originates. It simply asks you to post some of your art everyday for five days and to nominate others to do the same. I have been nominated twice and twice had to turn it down. For two reasons: I do not archive any photos that I take of my stuff. Once it's been on the old blog, it's a gonner. My 'art' is cards and scrapbooks and the cards are by their very nature, a transient thing, aren't they. And the other reason of course is that it never occurred to me. My photo folders are cluttered enough!
This was an early challenge for a Crop Cirlcle Journal Remember them?! The challenge was to make a spread about your favourite day. Call me a show off or consider me blessed...I've had too many! See I mention my 40th...gracious..this page is nearly 10 years old already!
So last night I was telling Mr Dunnit about the Art Chain and how curmudgeonly I felt when I had refused to join in. He expressed surprise. Not at my deleting the pedestrian pictures that I take to publicise workshops or use on the blog, no. Not for my tidy mind and wish to keep our photo files under some sort of control, no. But for not joining in with the Art Chain. 'Haven't you got about 10 albums filled with scrapbook pages you could photograph?' He didn't sigh or look surprised.  He's clearly very used to it.  

8 comments:

Helen said...

As one of your nominees I apologise - I ignored my first nomination too, when it got to 3 I decided I'd better take part - but then I don't delete any of my picture folders (let's hope I don't have a major pc failure.....I never remember to do back ups..) And, I have enjoyed looking through some of them again. So, get some layouts photo'd and join the chain gang! Well done Mr D.

misteejay said...

Good for Mr D.
Toni xx

Sue said...

I've also been nominated and never thought of my scrapbooks, so thanks Mr. Dunnit:)

Hope you have a good day. Sue

fairy thoughts said...

How to
Pick just 5 though.... Good luck and look forward to seeing them
Janet

Lynne Mizera said...

Ha!Ha!Ha! ... you made me giggle with your conversation recap... Yup.. gotta LOVE those Husbands who know us soooo well! Grin... thanks for sharing you scrapbook page... I was just moaning to a girlfriend that I MISS my scrapbooking since I started all this "other" arty stuff.... Loving it, but still need to make time for that scrapbooking don't we? (hugs)

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

The nomination is still there if you fancy having a go. You can always recover some of your photos from your blog. I quite often copy photos from others to keep for inspiration (with the name of the person I took it from so I can give credit where it belongs if I use it) They will probably be in your online folder anyway, the one that feeds your blog. It has been really good seeing so much beautiful art work from all kinds of work filling up Facebook each day. Very relaxing. xx Maggie

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Since you're on Google's Blogger platform, Julia, all your blog photos should be accessible through your Google profile. Just click on the Photos tab in your profile and you'll find an album full of your blog photos. Or you could just right click and save them directly from your blog, like Silvercrafter has suggested. No excuse not to take part in the Art Chain!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You go, girl! Don't pick favorites, just enjoy every day for what it is and know that some will be more spectacular than others. Love the journal pages.

Know nothing about Art Chains, so I'll just let the others speak up.