Friday 21 June 2013

Getting into the Groove

Turns out that I'm rubbish at the 'more than one thing' and 'a bit at a time' type crafting. It takes forever to get anything finished.  I need faster gratification than that! I'm a one job at a time girl for sure, and so I need to set proper time aside to do those one things.
On Wednesday, you may have caught a glimpse of this somewhere on my desk.  (Unless like Brenda, you had to look away immediately so as to protect your mental health).  It seems to have taken a week to make this LO.  Well, not 'seems'..it has.  And yet, if I took it to a crop, I would have made four or five more in a day.  
It's more purple in real life.  I think.
And I haven't done anything else (except tidy the old desk up enough to actually do something else), so my theory definitely holds water.  Today I'm off.  No joinery, no housework well, I should qualify that - no housework will be done), not much anything.  So I'm going to make cards.  Wonder how much time I'll waste procrastinating, blogging, browsing and generally delaying?  Hmmm. 

There is one massive success from the production of this LO that I feel the need to brag about.  I've finally used the duct tape that has been sitting on my desk waiting for me to be inspired by it for oh..months.  And now I'm over it.  And have a square inch of extra space atop the old desk!  Go me.
Have a wonderful weekend.

25 comments:

Annie said...

Love the LO Julia and hope you have a really fab day off :-)
Hugs,
A x

Rita said...

Good Morning Julia. How fabulous does this page look. I love every bit of it. Enjoy your day, doing what you want to do. Hugs Rita xx

roffeycreations said...

Hi Julia - the first time I saw this photo of your brother & his friend on your desk I thought it was an album cover... Now it definitely looks like one... have a great day off... Mxx

Redanne said...

Go you indeed Julia! Fabulous layout and very well done for using the duct tape and for creating a little space on your desk for your next project..... Hugs, Anne x

Glenda said...

This is wonderful! I gave up scrapbooking because it took me forever to do a layout! And trust me, I was never good at it. I love your page. Great photo too!

Francesca said...

I just think of a page as a big card, works for me. Your page is great, love the use of the duct tape. Xxxx

Monica said...

you are not alone in the procrastination, blogging and piddling section. I seem to be at my desk for hours and then try to rush a project. I cannot multitask as I end up with everything on my desk and can never find what is needed to move forward and complete.
Monica

Angie said...

I totally LOVE this . xx

Kim said...

And I must say, a great use of duct tape it is! congrats on getting it done. Have a great day off!

Helen said...

I love it!! Glad you got to have a day to yourself - hope by now you've at least STARTED some cards, lol; given that it's 4pm now...

Inkypinkycraft said...

Your page looks great! He you are enjoying yor day! X

ria gall said...

Hi Julia
by the looks of it you had a lot of fun putting this page together, great job
Ria

Craftychris said...

Your layout is awesome! Have a fab day and following your recent comment on my desk - I chose Unicorn for my journal page and hope to post it later tonight. xx

ally fiddy said...

Love it!

voodoo vixen said...

Fab page, love the colour and the duck tape! I was always amazed at just how long it could take me to do a 12 x 12 page, so you completing this one in a day is no shock to me!

fairy thoughts said...

HI Julia
Great LO, I have almost given up scrapbooking for the same reasons.... but then I am never going to be a one project at a time kinda gal....am I?
janet

Dori said...

I love how you used that duct tape! Looks great!!! For a long time now, I have been meaning to make a design that says something like "Be an excellent Mono-tasker." You have further inspired me.

Eliza said...

Good for you, nice to know you have the same attitude as me, housework will not be done today, actually it is being done for me, but I do have days like that too. Great to see you have finished the layout, looks fantastic with the duct tape.

Hugs Eliza

Sue from Oregon said...

I am a one project girl too...although I have started and stuffed many a project into a drawer and forgotten about it!!! Love your duct tape page!

Brenda B said...

I'm still trying valiantly to unclench my teeth a week after the incident! Just for that I'm putting Christmas back on my desk this week, even though I had tidied it away!! Fab LO, the duct take is a stroke of genius! See you later!

Hugs
Brenda

Jackie said...

I have been waiting to see what you used that duck tape for..... And now I know! I do like how it covers the chip board letters ... Might steel this idea from you!
Jackie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Well, I'm late getting here, but I sure like this. I'm with you, Julia. It takes me FOREVER to make anything. I am always amazed at people who take these 10 minute challenges and come up with incredible art. I can't even get my brain wrapped around the challenge in 10 minutes! Gotta say I'm very, very proud of you. And the duct tape won't be lingering and lounging anymore, either.

Claire Grantham said...

Glad you got a day off Julia..I love one thing at a time too, but I always discover a new 'idea' along the way and end up starting things that don't always get finished... Cx

Ali Manning said...

Great monochromatic layout and i love the journaling on the jigsaw piece.

Lisa-Jane said...

I love the duct tape effect!