Monday 4 October 2010

I saw this and thought of you....

The title of this post has to be one of the nicest and most heart-warming of phrases. I expect it can make your blood run cold, but generally I think it's used in a friendly way! See my new tool basket - it's one of those gifts. From a totally non-crafting friend who totally gets the need for efficient and beautiful storage. I'm very happy with it, and have spent a happy few minutes separating things into proper categories and sensible amounts. Except possibly the wooden glue sticks which are now in abundance - of course, really they are coffee stirrers from trendy establishments, but my friends tend to erm, pinch them and then hand them to me as if my using them for glue application will exonerate them in the eyes of the law! I really hope it will - I do use them alot, and very efficiently, I promise!
I've unpacked and re-grouped after the weekend retreat, I can't photo anything because the light is naff, but I will be forcing my production into view - man, I was prolific! We got to the crop at about 10.30 on Saturday morning, made ourselves instantly at home and then set to. Brace yourself interweb - I completed, finished, accomplished, ended, finalised seven different things! LO's all, but some that can't be shown for they are destined for albums that will be pressies - and you never know who's watching and not commenting. Sam.
Me and The Colonial had the greatest time - relax, eat, scrap and then relax, eat and scrap. Apparently the weather was awful but we didn't notice. We arrived in sunshine and left in sunshine. It was great. Oh, and there was a shop....Kate was there, with Cre8tive Online...oh my. Way to go Paige and Sam - I know how hard the organising and worrying is, and I enjoyed it so much more because I wasn't an organiser! We've even committed to going back for the next one - although we didn't do that before nearly everyone else had left so they didn't get a chance to veto us!
I have unpacked (tidily) and assessed my tidy desk and decided that in order for it to stay tidy, I need to have an early night tonight - I'll probably be over it by tomorrow!

24 comments:

Cath said...

Glad you had a good time cant wait to see what you did, now nip over to my place as you have won some blog candy.

Cathx

Tracy Evans said...

Sounds like you had a great time and I love the new storage, I did smile though the fact that you would have to have an early night to keep everything tidy LOL. And to top the day off you have won some candy too, how wonderful. Tracy Evans x

Helen said...

Gorgeous storage, I "borrow" those stirrers every time I go near some, too.... Glad you had a good weekend, and sounds like you got so much done!

Kay said...

Glad you enjoyed your weekend, and that it was productive for you :) Love the storage... I have lots of stirrers too, and giant paperclips. I haven't decided what I am going to do with them, but they seem so useful... just not sure for what!

Kaz said...

Glad you had a good time and what a lovely friend you have xx

Luna Art said...

It was lovely to meet you and L at the weekend and as promised I am commenting on your blog! I am glad you both enjoyed the retreat. I love the storage basket, pretty and useful, what a thoughtful friend x

misteejay said...

Lovely storage basket.

An early night to prevent you messing up your desk? Bit drastic I would say LOL

Toni :o)

Sue said...

Hi Julia
glad you had such a good time, wow you were busy, look forward to seeing some of them!!
Yu baskest is gorgeous fabby colour, very organised, sue,x

mckinkle said...

Sounds you had the perfect short break Julia; overseas travel, sunshine, locals speaking the lingo and crafting! What more could a good girl want!?

Look forward to seeing some of your makes!

Keryn x

Sandra said...

oh I do like that storage, it's fab.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As always, you had me laughing in the aisles, rolling around, with Bleubeard looking on in disbelief (or maybe disgust, who knows since I don't speak "cat"). That really IS a nice organizer, and the best part is, it is something you LIKE and will use. That's the most important thing, that you "bond" with your organizing equipment/supplies.

Glad to read you had a good crop, lots of fun, and no one barred you from the event on the second day (grin). Sounds like just what you needed to recharge your batteries.

As for the dome on the hospital in my post, I can't believe it just magically appeared there one day, so I will have to see if it has been there all along and I just missed it, although I wasn't the only one who spotted it for the first time. And yes, I had all those people trucked in just so you could see there were other people who lived in Wichita. However, I often waited to try to get a shot with no one in the photo. I understand that Saturdays are their busiest day. Go figure it would be the day Sally and I would go.

Paige said...

So pleased you both had a good time over here with us WCC gals, it was great meeting L and catching up with you again. that pink organizer is rather fab!!! I have put an offer in on and ATG gun after "losing" my glue runner so many times at the weekend. I doubt something that size will "disapear" quite so easily???

MadeByKarla said...

cool storage basket! what a great friend!

Daniele said...

great basket...and its pink what more could a girl ask for,sounds like you had fun
hugs

Morti said...

Sounds like a good time had by all, eh? I managed to get over to KK on Saturday and met Tracy - fab lady! And how funny you have a Colonial - me too, my sister in law. Don't tend to call her that too often, so I shall definitely have to refrain from doing so on my blog now, else people with either think we're the same person (like MJ and Latoyah - ROFL) or you'll think you have a stalker. Which you do, but there's actually about 200 of us. Mwhahahaha. Catch you on WOYWW

Rosie said...

Serious retreat envy going on here ... must promise myself (again) that I will go on one next year, it all sounds wonderful. And what a gorgeous baskety thingy wotsit - I've never seen anything like that before, and its so PINK!!

kayc said...

Lovely storage basket. Glad you had a good time. Kathleen x

Annie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Look forward to seeing what you made.
A x

Alix said...

oooh i know someone else who would love that basket type thingy...any idea where it came from??

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time Julia ;-) Efficient AND beautiful storage is the way to go; yours is fab :-)
Anne xx

Unknown said...

Julia, I'm so glad that you had a good time in the IOW with your crop circle peeps, but I have some terrible news for you...

someone hacked into your blogger account while you were away and posed as you and everything - but they put a picture of THEIR desk on the post... I could tell it wasn't yours as soon as I saw it - it was tidy, you could actually tell that the desk was brown and wood - and I know that you would never post such a tidy desk, so I urge you, please please change your password in case they ever do it again.

Paula x x x

Sarah said...

Love the basket. I have loads of stirrers too :) I used some on a remebrance layout, cut up and tied together with string to make wooden crosses in a field of poppies - it was really effective but v. probably not acid free.

Neet said...

Love your pink storage - now is that part of the reason for the (erm) "tidiness"?
Glad you had a great time - how lovely to go there to crop.

Turtle In The Sand said...

Nice friend to think of your needs and your organization needs are a plenty! LOL Here in SC we call our buys for storage containers our "fetish" We are so obsessed with new containers, that we email each other with an "enabler alert" whenever we find a new one or a "sale" on one! Now that is a really good pal, don't you agree? LOL