Monday 31 May 2010

The Follow On

The last post about the Shopkeeper Gal was incredibly, amazingly co-incidentally well timed. See, we'd had the 'you're too literal' conversation on Thursday morning during a workshop. Then we must have both pondered our sides. I went public on the blog. About five minutes later, Shopkeeper Gal sent me a picture by text - it was a card she had made and featured a chandelier. The caption was 'I can do it, but I don't really like it'. It was a lovely card, I would show it to you but I can't get it off my phone just now. (We won't talk about that part of iPhone ownership....I may need a day or two.) Anyway, I want you to know that she did a great job of this card, and the chandelier looked great - but she still doesn't really get why you'd want a card with a chandelier on. For me the point is: I obviously made an impression on her...she did try getting out of her comfort zone (scarily, very well, too)...and the other thing - she didn't half hurry home to check out what I'd said about her. Ahem. Score!

Oh look....an award for my written creativity, my self expression and raw honesty. Or is that a-gazing self obsession?

There are rules, and they kinda cover the necessary bits too, so without much, any or further ado:

1. Express gratitude to the blogger who bestowed the award unto you...
Claire and Helen; thank you both for thinking of me, really the recognition of my 'creative writing' skills means more to me than the chocolate chip cupcake I'm currently scoffing.


2. Display the picture on your blog proudly. Ta Na.
3. Be nice and provide a link to the person who gave it to you:
http://curlylockspicsandpieces.blogspot.com/ is Claire's and
http://stampingbyh.blogspot.com/ of course then, is Helen.



4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth, or switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie.
- My sainted husband, at a gathering of friends who where inevitably talking about my hobby (because it's all about me) once suggested that scrapbook papers are 'probably, what, about 25 or 30 pence each?' I didn't react or betray any emotion; I didn't deny it or correct him. And I will not allow that conversation to come up again. Ever.

- I am well known for having an incredible will power. Example: my stash 'turnover' is to be proud of - I use what I buy, and then I buy what I want to use next.

- If I had any, I would totally believe my own publicity.

- I 've done a couple of QVC gigs for the Crafthouse Press at the QE2 Conference Centre in London. Forget the crafting - you should see the loos. Seriously; awesome.

- My daughter, exposed to my creative skill (yes, I call it a skill) for the last 16 years would not use an ink pad or stamp unless her life depended on it. She thinks I'd get all enthusiastic and excited and try to take over and make her do it my way. She's right, of course.

- You know that phrase 'behind every great man is an even greater woman' - and loads of other derivations? Yeah? That's me and Tim Holtz that is.

- Mostly it's my age you know, that makes me like this; I really and genuinely wish I'd known me when I was 18 - I could have warned me.

5. Nominate seven creative writers who might be into doing this,
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate and let the owners of those blogs know.



Elizabeth - conversational, interesting and oh my, an alterer that didn't run when she stumbled upon my non altered blogging!
Betty - the bag lady, pop over - you'll find yourself reading the conversation as if you never left...and Betty is re-visiting her crafty passion and I can tell ya, it's interesting.
Miss Dunnit - has an anime/manga/cosplay blog and despite the spelling (wince), and my lack of understanding of all the subjects, I think she writes incredibly well. But I would, wouldn't I.
Kathy - actually, I think she only blogs to make me jealous. If you haven't seen her stuff yet - hurry.
Paige - tells it like it is, and is so utterly inspiring and so unable to procrastinate that it makes her a prolific crafter; takes my breath away.
Kaz - another one - she logs on, posts a fabulous projects and then types about it as if creating it were just a simple matter of fact. Genius.
Mountainear - we haven't met; as far as I know there's no paper crafting. So what! If you like good writing...check it.

7 comments:

Kay said...

ROFL I came to tell you I had given you the same award! LOL

Darcy Marshall said...

lol I can't get my son to do anything creative either, he says he can't but i know he can, i've seen it. I hope he will allow himself to do more as he gets older.

working hard on my WOYWW52...well clearly not right now, i have stopped for a cuppa, but honestly up until 5 mins ago it was a flurry of ink pads.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for this honor, Julia. I appreciate it and the lovely comment about me not running. I'll have to give this one some thought, since I currently have orange day glo spray paint on my hand from a failed WOYWW52 project. No, the project hasn't failed. Just the can of spray paint, which dribbled all over my typing fingers.

Tomorrow is Tea Tuesday and Wednesday is just another day (can't use the strike out here), so it will be at least Thursday before I can add your lovely award to my blog. However, I will see you bright and very early Wednesday morning (my time). Again, thanks for the blog award and your lovely comment on the Bank Holiday. I had so much fun learning about it, too.

Anne said...

Heh, I'm so intrigued as to what everyone is making for WOYWWAC! I think mine is going to be rather tame in comparision - how can I complete with orange day glo spray paint?!!

Iphone pictures - tap the picture, and then email it to yourself. And hey presto, it's on your computer, ready to be blogged, printed, saved, whatever. I hardly ever bother to hook the phone itself up to the computer.

I'm off to explore all those lovely blogs you've listed. Beats tidying up the horrendous mess of bits of paper and foam pad squares which are currently littering the living room floor!

Lisa said...

Oh my word, thank goodness you've posted today. I've had an idea for WOYWWAC, but haven't done anything about it. That gives me tomorrow to do something.........and hold me head up on Wednesday with everyone else!!!!

Bettythebaglady said...

OMG Thanks Julia. Saw this award on Kirsty Wiseman's blog and thought I don't do awards 'cos can't cope with the technology but I like this one. Had a good laugh about Kirsty's. It involved pole dancing-big knickers etc. etc. As for the i-phone-well if it was true about paper costing 25 to 30p a sheet I might be able to afford one but think I would buy a new pair of shoes first. Now six people and links and tomorrow is shopping and DH warfarin clinic and and and. Hugs BettyXXX Drn -just seen it's SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!! Think I'll go and stick my head in the gas oven.

Kathy said...

I really enjoyed reading this - until I got to the end and realised that you wanted ME to join in and tell some "stories" too!!!! I will have a think and see what I can come up with....might not be today though - I need more time to come up with some fibs as I'm such an honest person, you see